MAJOR DUTIES: High level administrative, technical, and professional work in directing and managing the administration
of the Glades County Government. The County Manager is responsible for the overall management of the day-to-day operations
of the county government and acts as the official representative of the Board. The County Manager is appointed by and serves at
the pleasure of the Glades County Board of County Commissioners.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
• Knowledge of local government policies and practices.
• Knowledge of local government finance, human resources, public works, public safety, community development, risk
management, grants procurement and administration, economic development strategies, understanding of state laws,
and other related matters.
• Knowledge of governmental accounting theory, principles, and procedures.
• Knowledge of local government cash management practices.
• Knowledge of budgetary, accounting, and reporting systems and requirements, including Generally Accepted
Accounting Principles (GAAP) and Governmental Accounting Standards Board (GASB).
• Skill in preparing and administering government budgets.
• Skill in planning, directing, and administering government programs.
• Skill in making administrative decisions that affect the county’s operations and services.
• Ability to communicate effectively, both verbally and in writing, with elected officials, county employees, and the
• Solid budgetary/financial management skills with experience in sustainable growth, economic development,
intergovernmental relations, negotiations, land use, and environmental issues.
• Bachelor’s degree in public or business administration from an institution accredited with the Florida Department of
Education, or equivalent experience in local government, required; a master’s degree is preferred.
• A minimum of three (3) years as County Manger or Deputy/Assistant County Manager, preferably within local
government and with agencies of similar size and complexities. Five (5) years preferred.
JOB LOCATION: Glades County Courthouse. Can include various areas within Glades County.
WORK SCHEDULE: Minimum of 40 hours per week.
CLOSING DATE: March 28, 2023
REQUIRED DOCUMENTATION: Glades County Application, Bachelor’s/Master’s Degree from an
accredited institution with the Florida Department of Education, and a valid Florida Driver’s License.
SUBMIT APPLICATION ONLINE AT WWW.MYGLADES.COM
Glades County is a drug-free, non-smoking workplace.
Veteran’s Preference will be given in accordance with Florida Statutes 295.07